(Saanichton, BC) AML Oceanographic, a world leader in ocean sensing technology, is pleased to announce the launch of the latest in the X-change series of profiling instruments which includes three new products; the AML-1, AML-3 and AML-6.
- AML-1: Real-time single-port instrument, 6000m depth rating and can accommodate any XChange-2 sensor but is ideally suited for measuring sound velocity at a multibeam sonar head.
- AML-3: Real-time or logging 3-port instrument with a 500m depth rating (6000m version to follow). The AML-3 users can combine any three XChange2 sensors. Typical Configurations include:
- Sound Velocity Profiling (SVP)
- Sound Velocity and Turbidity Profiling (SVP Tu)
- Conductivity Temperature & Depth (CTD)
- Sound Velocity / Conductivity / Temperature & Depth (SVCTD)
- AML-6: Real-time or logging 6-port instrument depth rated to 500m or 6000m. Geared towards multiparameter applications generally found in the environmental and research sectors, the AML-6 provides the utmost flexibility in XChange2 and cabled sensing solutions.
A key feature of both the AML-3 and AML-6 is they can accommodate UV biofouling protection in addition to their sensor payload. The new enhanced UV protection utilizes a “street lamp” configuration attached via its own dedicated port to protect all of the sensors on the end cap from biofouling.
Other significant features for this product line are:
- Fully exchangeable, uncomplicated sensor technology
- Plug-and-play sensor configurations & combinations. Sensors include SV, SVT, P, C, CT, pH and Cyclops 7 Series of Turner Optical sensor (Turbidity, Chlorophyll AB, CDOM, etc)
- Future-proof hotspot-style wi-fi on AML-3 and AML-6 versions
- Bi-directional communication
- New user interface
- Extended battery life
- USB-C port for easy data upload and recharging
- Smaller footprint
For more information, please contact email@example.com